MALabbett on Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:14:10 +0100 (CET)

[eia] Prussia's opinion on the drawn naval battle

Gentlemen

This is my personal opinion:

The British fleet is forced back into Edinburgh harbour. Whilst still
recovering from the battle, word comes from the countryside that a French corps  is
marching towards the harbour.

The fleet hastily set sail in a desperate attempt to break the blockade but
don't quite manage it and are caught between land and sea.

This is my way of saying that I personally would class the fleet attempting
to beat the blockade as the attackers, and the blockading fleet are the
defenders. Either way it is tough on the side deemed to have lost.

I think Mark K's interpretation appears (bloacke runners are always
attackers) seems reasonable

Cheers

Mark