jjy on Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:54:42 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] general thoughts

1.)  Regarding the example of GB wanting to play for the defeat of France:
Personally, I was playing Britain to win the game myself, and I didn't really
care about making sure France lost the _game_.  Sure, I was trying to defeat
France and win the _war_, but that was because France was already my enemy, and
the conditions for making peace were so strict.  I didn't see it as one of my
goals that the France's player would lose.  I'm not arguing for or against
changing the victory conditions for a country that loses its player, just that
this example does not apply.

2.)  I would prefer starting a new game right away to finishing 1807, but I'm
not sure of a better way to refresh Fred in the rules.  We should definitely
ask Fred what he wants to do.  He may not want to spend time on a temporary
game any more than we do.

3.)  Here's a proposal of what to do if a player leaves:
Give the player of the worst-off (furthest behind their victory point goals)
country the option of jumping ship and taking over the player-less country.
Then run the worst-off country as a UMP.  We hate the UMP rules, but a) those
rules will have the least impact on the game applied to the worst-off country,
and b) since we hate the UMP rules so much, this will light a fire under our
asses to find a new player.

-JJY