Michael Gorman on Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:06:54 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Russian Land Phase, April 1807

At 03:35 PM 6/20/2005, you wrote:
Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> I haven't done a thorough scouring of the rules yet, but my thought is that
> the British garrison would be expelled if a siege could be declared against
> the city.  Since a cossack cannot besiege a city alone, I believe the
> garrison would stay put in the present case.  But if there's a rule that
> says otherwise, I'm willing to be contradicted.  :-)
>
> -JJY

Before moving on, I want to be clear on whether the cossack will be able to
retire into Stettin in the event that Prussians move a corps there.

They should be able to. What is interesting is that the British garrison isn't forced to leave even if an attack id declared against the Cossacks because they are in the city and being in the city is an exemption from having to leave in 7.3.8.4. That would mean the British force would still be in the city if a siege were declared against it. Not sure what happens then.

Mike