Joel Uckelman on Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:50:28 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Status of garrisons

Thus spake "James Helle":
> So what is the status of the French garrisons?  Having researched the =
> rules I have found no reason to believe they are repatriated, although I =
> tend to believe this is the best approach w/r/t neutral minors since JJ =
> makes such a good argument regarding access.  Are we in agreement that =
> the garrisons at Hanover, Kasell, Brussells and Turin stay in place =
> during the change of ownership due to the fact that France has wartime =
> access to these minors?

I remember now that we had agreed to repatriate garrisons from neutral minors,
since those garrisons would be otherwise irretrievable. That's fine with me.
But garrisons in newly hostile territory should stay.