Michael Gorman on Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:37:38 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] French land phase- Apr. 1806

At 02:02 PM 11/8/2004, you wrote:
Thus spake "James Helle":
> Is there a rule stating that an undergarrisoned defender may not sortie, or
> is this simply your preference Mike?  I'm only asking because I couldn't
> find such a rule

Sorties may occur on a modified 1 or less. Lubeck isn't a fortress, and
gets a +1 for being undergarrisoned, so a sortie is mathematically
impossible.

Put another way, an undergarrisoned defender could only sortie from a
fortress.

I phrased it that way since it also restated that the corps there does not fully garrison the fortress in case that was forgotten from last turn.

Mike