Joel Uckelman on Sat, 9 Oct 2004 17:37:37 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Portuguese forces

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> Rule 4.4.6.4 says that when free states are ceded in a peace treaty, the =
> victor "may accept them as they are with their forces".  Does this =
> include factors purchased earlier that will be due as reinforcements ?  =
> In other words, if Portugal paid for infantry/cavalry factors in =
> December, do they still get them in March/May in spite of the change in =
> leadership ?  I can't find a definitive answer in the rules.
>
> -JJY

I've looked for this in the rules before, enough to convince myself that
it's not addressed. I would assume that the builds go to whomever has
control of Portugal when they become active, since there would be no reason
for the government of Portugal to stop the production of those factors once
the money's spent.

--
J.