D Mount on Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:59:28 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] So to sum up...

If Spain can accept to surrender to GB and not Turkey then that is what Spain will do.  Otherwise, I suppose peace will have to wait.

-Danny

"J.J. Young" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It seems clear to me that in this situation Spain must "sue for peace to all
major powers with which it is at war", but that whether or not to _accept_ a
demand for unconditional surrender is a separate step, and the answer given
can be different to different opponents. If the opponents don't like it,
then they could always offer conditional peace, which cannot be refused.

A major power in serious trouble may still have incentive to surrender to
everyone at once, to avoid paying multiple PP costs for surrenders in
different months.

So I think Spain could sue both GB and Turkey for peace and, since both
demanded unconditional surrender, choose to accept that from one, both, or
neither. I don't really consider this to my advantage, BTW, but I believe
that by the rules Danny should be able to do what he seems to want;
surrender unconditionally to GB while refusing Turkey's demand and staying
at war with Kyle.

Are there any opposing views ? If not, is this really what Spain wants ?

-JJY