J.J. Young on Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:39:50 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] So to sum up...

It seems clear to me that in this situation Spain must "sue for peace to all
major powers with which it is at war", but that whether or not to _accept_ a
demand for unconditional surrender is a separate step, and the answer given
can be different to different opponents.  If the opponents don't like it,
then they could always offer conditional peace, which cannot be refused.

A major power in serious trouble may still have incentive to surrender to
everyone at once, to avoid paying multiple PP costs for surrenders in
different months.

So I think Spain could sue both GB and Turkey for peace and, since both
demanded unconditional surrender, choose to accept that from one, both, or
neither.  I don't really consider this to my advantage, BTW, but I believe
that by the rules Danny should be able to do what he seems to want;
surrender unconditionally to GB while refusing Turkey's demand and staying
at war with Kyle.

Are there any opposing views ?  If not, is this really what Spain wants ?

-JJY