Michael Gorman on Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:44:53 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] just checking

At 10:33 PM 7/19/2004 -0400, you wrote:
My understanding is that there must be a depot in both supply sources and
that either supply source must contain a fleet.  I don't think it matters
which supply source the fleet is in.  Also, I don't believe that having an
ally's fleet in London makes the question irrelevant this turn, because the
Denmark fleet , under Prussian control, cannot provide a supply line for
British reinforcements.
JRH

The issue is that a friendly or allied fleet must be at the start of the supply line. Therefore unless both ends are valid supply sources or connected to a valid supply source by another link, it does matter which end the fleet is on.

I don't think this is the way we've been seeing it before, but Joel brought up a valid point that we have been blurring the sea supply rules a bit.

On the fleet issue, the Denmark fleet is usable for British reinforcement as sea supply requires a friendly or allied fleet and there is an alliance between Britain and Prussia.

Mike