Michael Gorman on Thu, 27 May 2004 02:26:06 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] French Land Reinf. -Apr. 05

At 09:28 AM 5/26/2004 -0400, you wrote:
I thought that a French leader could lead any French-controlled forces into
battle, but if Mike knows of a rule that contradicts this, then I'd be
satisfied.  I just don't know of such a rule.

-JJY

4.6.5.2: If the controlling power desires to help the minor country against the major power(s) attacking it, it has to declare war on or already be at war with the other major power(s) before its forces can take part in any combat with that other major power. If it is not at war with at least one of the attacking major powers, the con-trolling major power may not garrison or control any cities of the minor country other than with that minor country's factors-the minor country must be run using only the minor country's own forces, although the controlling major power may pay for depots and/or supply costs for the minor country.

4.6.5.3: The controlling major power's corps are ignored in any combat involving that minor country's forces unless against a force which consists of factors of one or more countries with which it is at war (see 6.3.1 and 7.3.8)

These are the two that make me wonder about this. Paying supply costs is the only action noted as allowed without a declaration of war. Leaders are not discussed specifically so it is not entirely clear if they are considered help to the minor nation..

Mike