Kyle H on Thu, 20 May 2004 15:28:30 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] 2nd round recap

    Am I right in thinking that the cossack currently at Silistra must now
make a roll at 4- or be destroyed?  If the roll is made, then it can be
retreated to any adjacent space that does not contain a Turkish corps.  ...
    Well, after taking a second look at the wording, I guess the rule I was
just invoking only applies if the cossack is "attacked".  And since my corps
are moving to Silistra as part of a retreat and not part of an attack, I
guess that rule wouldn't apply.  Am I interpreting this right?

kdh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle H" <menexenus@xxxxxxx>
To: <eia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 5:31 AM
Subject: [eia] 2nd round recap

    Russia commits the guard, instantly killing 1 guard factor.  As a
result, Russia inflicts 3.3 morale damage (breaking the Turks) as well as 2
casualties.  Turkey inflicts 1.6 morale damage (breaking the Russians) and 7
casualties.  The Turks retreat to Silistra.
    Total losses are (presumably) 17 inf., 1 guard, 1 cav for Russia; 4
feudal inf. and 1 feudal cav for Turkey.  No PP's are exchanged.  This ends
the Turkish land phase.

kdh

P.S.  Joel, let me know if you wish to distribute your casualties
differently.