J.J. Young on Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:30:12 -0500 (CDT)

Re: FW: [eia] Assault at Kassel

By my reading, the Hessian corps could retreat to either Minden or Kassel,
which are equidistant from London via the Lille crossing arrow (4 spaces
from Lille).  If it is legal to do so, I retreat them to Kassel.  Since
Kassel contains enemy forces, the Hesse corps must then retreat to Wesel (3
spaces from Lille).  From there, the Hesse corps must retreat to Breda (2
spaces from Lille).

The Baden corps must retreat to either Mainz or the other area of Palatinate
(which are 3 spaces from Lille).  I choose to retreat them to Mainz, which
would remove the ungarrisonned French depot there, correct ?

Finally, the Wurttemburg corps at Ulm must retreat to Freiborg, which is
enemy-occupied.  So they must continue on to either Strasbourg or the empty
area of Palatinate.  If it is legal to do so, I choose Strasbourg, which has
a depot garrison.  So they must continue on to either Liege or Metz, and I
would choose Metz, ending the retreat.

Again, all this assumes that 1) I can choose to retreat to an enemy-occupied
area that's the same distance from the target depot as an empty area, and 2)
that I'm not forgetting some house rule we agreed on that covers this sort
of situation.

-JJY