Michael Gorman on Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:02:43 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [eia] access adjustments ?

At 08:27 PM 4/13/2004 -0700, you wrote:
    I am not sure I fully support amending voluntary access, but am not
entirely opposed either since declarations of wars can also be made out of
sequence in the case of minor country control.  I have not found anything in
the rules that state when access is granted (other than in the political
phase in general), so would it be safe to say it is in sequence "J" (after
Declaration of Combined Movement Step) in the political phase?  (Just in the
off chance its' sequence would ever be important again?)

Requiring access to be made in the political phase is something we made up. The rules don't specify having to do it at any specific time. So giving it a location and figuring out the rules for how to put it in the political phase is an issue worthy of concern.