Kyle H on 5 Jan 2004 14:27:39 -0000

[eia] new PSD

    Here's the PSD after the 11th economic phase.  Since there are 44 economic phases in the entire game, this is the endpoint of the first quarter of the game.  This seems like a good moment to take stock of where we all stand.  In terms of the percentage of victory points needed to win the game (or end it early), the current leader is Turkey with 27%.  Here is a list of the current leaders in terms of percentage of victory points needed.

Turkey  27.2%
Prussia  26.2%
Spain  26.0%
Russia  22.4%
GB  22.1%
Austria 19.94%
France  19.90%

Three countries (Turkey, Prussia, and Spain) are all on pace to end the game early.  As it turns out, these are also the only three countries on pace to win the game.  (Russia is very close, though.)  And yes, France is dead last.  <takes a bow>  It's not easy to lose playing France, but so far I'm doing a bang-up job!  :-)
    BTW, since we started this game in June of 2002 and we are done with one quarter of the game at the beginning of 2004, a reasonable estimate of our ending date would seem to be June of 2008 (i.e., a 6 year game).  Personally, I would prefer to move faster.  If anyone has any ideas about how we could accomplish this, please feel free to offer them.

kdh