J.J. Young on 11 Dec 2003 01:50:07 -0000

[eia] history monkey report

I'm currently updating the game journal while I listen to the Blue Jackets on the radio; I came upon an interesting, if probably moot, point.  When Spain surrendered to France, one of the peace conditions was an embargo on Spain's American trade.  I immediately thought, "Uh-oh, I forgot to roll for a possible war with America", but then I found that Spain chose to trade with America anyway in June.  This is perfectly legal, but it means that France's enforced peace with Spain is (I believe) null and void; Napoleon can declare war any time he chooses.  Not that it makes much difference, with France and Spain newly-allied, but I thought I'd point it out- I was surprised.

-JJY