Kyle H on 24 Nov 2003 21:59:21 -0000

Re: [eia] political phase wrapup

    I thought we said that we were using the Political Phase escrow to
declare our interest in controlling available minor countries.  Since France
was the only one who made a declaration, shouldn't it get control?  (You
even reminded all of us about this with plenty of time to update our
orders - in fact, that's what I did.)  I'm not sure why we should engage in
a second round on this issue.

kdh

P.S.  Now I see that Mike was unable to see the escrow due to computer
problems.  I'm willing to make an exception in this case due to his
extenuating circumstances.  But, in the future, I do not think it is
appropriate to have 2 rounds in which people declare their interest in minor
countries.  One simultaneous declaration is the way it should be handled.

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.J. Young" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <eia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 6:31 PM
Subject: [eia] political phase wrapup

The only outstanding issue from the political phase is control of Duchies.
Since France (a non-ally of Prussia) is willing to take control, only Russia
and Spain (the other non-allies) can choose to dice off with France to gain
control.  Are either of them interested ?

Next would be the Spanish reinforcements and choice to burn or convert the
British depot at Gibraltar.

Then comes the British land/French naval reinforcements.

Finally the Prussian, Russian, and French land/British naval reinforcements,
in that order.

Sorry if I'm being a nag with these reminders; it's not that anyone's being
particularly slow, it's just that I'm excited about this next turn (and
trying to avoid grading), and I'm looking for excuses to email.  :-)

-JJY