James Helle on 23 Nov 2003 22:27:15 -0000

RE: [eia] errata rules

I vote that we *not* adopt either of these rules.  In my opinion if a major
power refuses to grant access and you forcibly enter their country anyway
that constitutes a declaration of war.  I think we are too far along to make
major chages like this.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
J.J. Young
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 7:55 AM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] errata rules

The current tally (for Everett, J.J., Joel, and Kyle) is:

4 votes against the Overwhelming forces option (so it seems that's a done
deal).

3 unambiguous votes against Forcible access, and Kyle in favor of it only in
the case of controlled minors.

3 votes against option 12.8 (voluntary access only for allies), and no votes
for it at this point.

If anyone else wants to chip in, or if I have misinterpreted anyone's vote,
let us know.
-JJY