Joel Uckelman on 6 Oct 2003 22:09:25 -0000

Re: [eia] limited access revisions

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     That is *not* what I was picturing.  I was thinking that no new mobile
> units (such as corps and cossacks) could enter FET after a peace agreement
> was reached.  I did not think that peace would stop a country from
> reinforcing normally across valid supply lines.  Hopefully no one thinks
> that peace would prevent new leaders from arriving to take command.  In a
> similar vein, I would not think that peace would stop supply lines from
> functioning to reinforce depleted armies.
>     If I'm in the minority here, I'm willing to accept that.  But I just
> wanted to make it known that I was not thinking of reinforcements to
> existing corps as new land forces entering FET.
>
> kdh

Corps, division, company, etc. are just organizational units. In reality,
there's no reason to care how many formerly enemy corps are in operation in
one's territory independently of how many soldiers they contain. (That
may not carry over exactly to the game, since the way forrage works might
make me wish there were a single ten-factor corps in my territory instead of
ten one-factor corps.) Any reinforcement of a corps in FET necessarily
involves more soldiers entering FET, and that is presumably what a real
power would be concerned with, not with how the soldiers already in FET
are organized.

In my view, there's no problem with constructing new corps in FET so long
as the factors in them come from corps already in FET; the problem arises
from putting more *factors* in FET.