Michael Gorman on 29 Aug 2003 15:00:10 -0000

Re: [eia] Russian Land Phase

At 01:06 AM 8/29/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I agree with Joel and J.J. here.

-Everett

> The 'existing' part of "an already existing (before this Turn) depot"
> indicates to me that the relevant depot has continued to exist into the
> present. But at the point when you're attempting to place a depot at Vilna,
> there is no longer a depot at Minsk. So I think the placement at Vilna
> isn't legal.
>
> --
> J.

I'm not using the depot at Minsk to place it. I'm using the depot north of Minsk which existed last turn and continues to exist this turn. What changes is the supply source the depot north of Minsk connects to. So the question is not does the depot have to exist from last turn, since it does, the question is does the entire supply chain have to exist from the previous turn in order for it to be extended. I don't believe that's how the rule reads.

Mike