Michael Gorman on 29 Aug 2003 03:27:54 -0000

Re: [eia] Russian Land Phase

At 11:22 PM 8/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I am dubious, because of the fact that depot removal is completed before
depot creation, and the phrasing of rule 7.2.3 as, "within two unblocked
areas of an already exist_ing_ (before this turn) depot that is a supply
source".  I think Mike's interpretation would have a stronger case if the
rule read,"within two unblocked areas of a depot (a supply source or part of
a valid chain), _which existed at the beginning of this turn_".

I suppose just leaving the depot at Minsk for another turn would expose
Russia to an undesirable risk ?  Just groping for a simple solution.

-JJY
The depot did exist before this turn. The depot that is extending the line is not being built this turn, it already existed. It is a part of a valid supply chain, but that clause is placed after the statement that the depot had to already exist. It was that phrasing that actually made me think I could do this.

Mike