Michael Gorman on 21 Aug 2003 01:13:25 -0000

Re: [eia] Prussian losses

At 08:23 PM 8/20/2003 -0700, you wrote:
* No Prussian corps started the battle with 20+ factors.
* the pursuit losses are taken as 4 cav.
* 1 I corps is removed from the map.

There is a situation that needs to be workrd out.  Upon learning that my
Polish infantry could not reach Warsaw I stated that I would leave them in
Berlin.  Kyle has since indicated that if war were to break out between
France and Prussia that he would dispute my moving back towards Berlin,
since the move would have been *after* I had seen his land orders.  On the
other hand, if I were to move them towards Warsaw at this point Mike could
claim that I am reinforcing my army after learning the results of the
battle.  I propose two possible solutions: 1) that I move the corps to Posen
as this is halfway between both points or 2) that I move to Warsaw per my
original orders since this was my intention before any actions took place.
I'm confused as to why there is even conflict on this? Seemed pretty clear to me. You couldn't do what you said you wanted to do, so you didn't do it. I think that's a lot cleaner than trying to make halfway orders.