J.J. Young on 30 Apr 2003 02:39:01 -0000

Re: [eia] a try for a simple solution to 12.4

> > I am much more concerned about restricting corps movement than I am
about
> > how far garrisons get to move.  I thought, since the honors of war
mechanism
> > already exists in the game, why not make use of it in this situatiuon
(which
> > seems similar to me) ?  In fact, it's the only precedent the rules offer
of
> > a garrison "marching" anywhere.  No one disagrees that it could be
possible
> > for the honors of war to allow a garrison to move a considerable
distance.
> > Why not when peace is declared, also ?
> >
> > -JJY
>
> Fine, but if we do that then corps need to be able to enter or re-enter
the
> territory of former enemies.

Why ?  I guess I'm just being dense.  If garrisons either leave or end up
with one of their own corps, then the odds of successfully getting those
factors out of the former enemy territory are very good.  There is the
remote possibility that the nation in question will both a)  not have enough
room left in that corps, and b) not have any unused corps counters (very
unlikely, if the war has gone on any length of time).

I think these chances for getting garrison factors out are more than fair.
After all, there's no obligation to write the rule so that all garrison
factors are _guaranteed_ to get out, is there ?

-JJY