Kyle H on 28 Apr 2003 21:22:01 -0000

[eia] more 12.4

    I'm going to be honest here, folks:  I haven't kept up with all the details of the running 12.4 debates.  But let me just throw out something that I am concerned about.  I am concerned about situations where peace is made with one country, but there are still belligerent forces in that country who could potentially obstruct the withdrawing army.  An army that is under threat of attack should be able to make whatever tactical movements it finds necessary.

    So I would include an exception something like the following:  All the movement restrictions on a force withdrawing after peace is made are lifted when there is a belligerent corps who still has access to the country being evacuated within 4 land spaces of the withdrawing force.

    Maybe the wording is poor, but I hope you get the point.  No withdrawing army should be forced to take a path that leads it into an ambush (or that forces them to make awful forage rolls).

    If you've already dealt with this problem in one of your emails, please review the solution for me.

Thanks,

kdh