J.J. Young on 9 Apr 2003 01:54:02 -0000

Re: [eia] political points after a battle

I found this on an EiA FAQ page on the web...

"
4.7.5.2.10.1.3 Political Point gains/losses from combat with combined forces

How do you distribute PP's to allies who won/lost combats while there forces
were combined?

>From the back of the rule book (emphasis added):

-1/2 PP: Lost by the loser for each of HIS corps participating...

+1/2 PP: Gain by the victor for EACH corps participating...

This seems to agree with the article "Grand-and Grandiose-Strategy" by Bruce
Milligan, found in Vol. 23 No. 4 of the Avalon Hill General.  Milligan talks
about contributing one or two corps to a battle so that you can gain full
PP's if you win, but lose only 1 if you lose.
"

Which I guess agrees with what you're saying.  I'm surprised, but it's fine
with me.

So to be explicit:  combined winners each gain all the PPs based on the
number of corps on the losing side, but combined losers each lose only the
PPs based on their own corps, and not their allies.

This is _very_ advantageous for combined movement !

-JJY