Kyle H on 7 Apr 2003 19:51:02 -0000

Re: [eia] question about trade

    I thought we had already addressed this question.  I agreed (just out of common sense) that Britain should not have to roll for the War of 1812 during those economic phases in which France violates the ban against trading with America.  However, Britain should make a roll during those Economic Phases in which France agrees to abide by the ban.
    That was the view I put forward before, and I don't think there was any dissent.  Is there any dissent now?

kdh
----- Original Message -----
From: J.J. Young
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 12:38 PM
Subject: [eia] question about trade

Hi, guys.  I was going back through the emails about the last economic phase, and I noticed that France did American trade despite of peace condition B.6.  Would this still trigger the roll for a British roll with America ?  That doesn't make much sense to me, since the trade with America was not actually blocked, but took place anyway.  The wording of 12.9 seems unclear, but this is what common sense tells me.  What do the rest of you think ?

-JJY