Michael Gorman on 23 Mar 2003 06:45:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Re: Battle of Rome

At 11:56 PM 3/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
    I'm sorry if my email asking about the status of the depot seemed presumptuous or something.  I was assuming that you must have intended to burn the depot because I couldn't see any other way for a depot garrison to move into the city.  That is, I was under the impression that we were using a default system that says something like the following:  if there is a depot and a garrison in a city area, then the garrison is with the depot.  I didn't realize (or forgot) that we had decided to let garrisons move back and forth at will.
    But it's really not that big of a deal.  I don't really care one way or the other.  I just wanted to be clear about the situation before I made my decision.  Again, sorry if I seemed presumptuous or picky or obstructionist or whatever.

Chit choice is forthcoming.

kdh

The corps don't have to decide until after the end of the attacker's movement.  Technically, the garrison factors had to decide their status as soon as the French corps entered and before the French forces decided to stay.  However, as the presence of British controlled corps forced the French corps to cease movement, it doesn't much matter.