Michael Gorman on 22 Dec 2002 06:11:01 -0000

Re: [eia] dice re-roll policy

    That's my contribution.  If it helps, I'm glad.  If not, that's fine.
Either way, it's none of my business, and I'm sure whatever you guys decide
will be fine.

kdh
I doubt we will decide anything. We're very far apart on this. My current feeling is that I will oppose any rewriting of orders from now on. Once you've sent them and moved into resolution, those orders are set. If that means you have to forage or force march when you didn't mean to, then that's tough. To me, what you guys are saying is that people can cheat. I'm not saying there was any maliciousness in the orders this turn, it's just the concept of rewriting your orders and not rerolling seems like cheating to me. We are that far apart on this. The only resolution to the argument I can see is that orders don't get rewritten once you start resolving them.

Before you guys get back to pointing out that this case was not a very big one, it is the concept I'm opposed to. The case doesn't mean much to me.

Sorry, but this is not the friendliest email and I don't know a nicer way to put it that expresses my feelings on this matter.

Mike