Kyle Haidet on 18 Dec 2002 17:25:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Prussian land phase- June 1805

>A depot cannot be created west of Brest-Litovsk as it is not a member of a
>valid supply chain that existed before the turn began.  The closest depots
>could be made at Konigsberg or Warsaw and then by Brest-Litovsk next turn.
>
>This would substantially increase the supply costs for Prussia and require
>the group attacking Vilna to forage.

   When I read this email, I thought surely Mike was wrong.  After all, Prussia had a corps in the space where it created the depot.  I thought a country could always place a depot with an existing corps, especially inside the home nation.  However - as I have come to expect - I am wrong and Mike is right.  7.2.3 is very specific: "A new depot may be placed within two unblocked areas of an already existing (before this Turn) depot that is a supply source or which is part of a valid supply chain."  This language is so plain, I am at a loss as to how I could have missed its import for so long.

   So, Jim, please be aware that you are not the only one who misunderstood the rule about placing depots.  In any case, you will probably want to reconsider your land orders and send out new ones.

kdh