J.J. Young on 9 Nov 2002 16:28:02 -0000

[eia] ceded free states and reinforcements

Here's a question that hasn't come up so far in the game:

If a free state is ceded, either through a formal peace treaty or during the ceding step, and kept as a free state, would the free state be entitled to recieve reinforcements purchased under the previous regime ?

My gut feeling is that yes, if the status of the free state is never interrupted by being conquered, it should recieve the reinforcements purchased under the old rulers.  But I can't find anything in the rules that says so (or the reverse) explicitly.  Opinions ?

-JJY