Michael Gorman on 3 Aug 2002 05:46:03 -0000

[eia] Economic Phase

JJ has already said he is going to send out a post with that he calculates as the trade incomes for each nation. Do we want to have a post of the money and manpower collection phase? The numbers are all visible on the map, so anyone who wants to take the time to add up the numbers will know the income of any other nation. A posting with what everyone is getting could avoid calculation errors and make sure we all agree on the accounting. We don't want any WorldCOMs or Enrons in our game! However, if people want to make anyone interested in their economy go do the math themselves, I can get behind that too.

As far as the later part of the Economic Phase, like steps H thru J. Do people want that escrowed? I can see it being possible that knowing one country is going to cede a minor to another might have an impact on what units you purchase and the ceding step is supposed to occur simultaneously in face to face games. I don't think it's big deal and I'm perfectly happy to have us just post the public stuff that isn't being centrally determined, like victory points and PSA adjustment, as we figure it out. However, I think we should decide if we want to have simultaneous release of those later phases or if we just don't think it's going to matter.

Mike