Kyle H on 26 Jul 2002 23:35:04 -0000

Re: [eia] error at the Battle of Munich

    Ok, in the first round of combat, Austria lost 0 factors and 0.2 morale.
France lost 1 inf. factor and 0.2 morale.  At the end of the first round,
Napoleon and the outflanking force both show up.  Now it is the second
round.  Do the Austrian forces choose to commit the guard?

kdh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Everett E. Proctor" <spiritmast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <eia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [eia] error at the Battle of Munich

I think that your compromise sounds more than fair, and I will gladly
accept it.

-Everett

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:05:04 -0400
"Kyle H" <menexenus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     Uh, guys.  I just realized that last night we forgot we were fighting
in a forest!  That means the casualty level should have been reduced by 1,
and the outflanking force should have had a -1 modifier.  I'm not sure how
we should handle this.  On the one hand, I'm inclined to say that since all
of us who were present forgot about it, we should just chalk it up to
experience.  On the other hand, keeping last night's result is somewhat
unfair to Austria since things turned out so poorly for Everett.  So here's
a compromise that I'm willing to accept.  As far as the first round of
combat is concerned, it will be easy enough to figure out what the losses
should have been, given our rolls (France rolled a modified 4, and Austria
rolled a modified 3.)  I rolled for Napoleon to arrive, so that should still
stand.  However, I did *not* roll for the outflanking force to arrive
because I thought it would be automatic.  Because of the forest, though, it
should have been a roll of 5 or less.  Since my next two rolls in the combat
were 5 and 3, I would like to assume that my outflanking force would have
arrived in the second round.  So if you are willing to accept that my
outflanking force arrived in the second round, I am willing to reroll the
2nd (and, if necessary, the 3rd) round of combat.  Doing so will almost
certainly result in much fewer casualties for Austria, so I think this is a
very reasonable compromise.  Let me know if you disagree.

> kdh

and Light Infantry corps (11 I, 4 Gd, 4 C, 3.7 morale) chose Defend.

>   French attackers, commanded by Soult, consisting of the II and III corps
(34 I, 6 C) chose Outflank.

>   In the first round, both sides lost 1 I and 0.5 morale each.
>
>   After the first round, Napoleon successfully reinforced the French
pinning force, bringing the I corps (17 I and 3 C) with him and taking
command of the French army.  The outflankers then arrived on the field of
battle.

>   In the second round, the French lost 0.2 morale but no casualties.  The
Austrians suffered 10 I, 1 Gd, and 1 C casualties, and lost 3.2 morale,
breaking their army.

>   In the ensuing pursuit, led by Murat who had also arrived with Napoleon,
the remaining 3 Gd and 3 C of the Austrian army were scattered and killed,
leaving no organized force.

--
Everett E. Proctor <spiritmast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>