Alex Fink on 1 Nov 2003 00:18:16 -0000

Re: [TCG] Fwd: Roger Norling

> I would be happy to add Roger as a player if Alex doesn't.
> But would he be a *new* player?  It seems that rules 21 and 27 are
> ambiguous wrt this situation, so I guess I'll do whatever Roger wants
> (unless somebody else has a better idea):

Aargh, I neglected to take an action to add Roger to the game, even though I
updated my gamestate page.  I add Roger as a player if and only if he is not
one already.

> Roger, as far as I understand you have two choices:
> - be a "new" player with 97 money units and a true activity state
> - be an "old" player with (98 + 1/403) money units and a false activity
> state
> In the first case you'd also presumably retain your status as a "former
> player."

I didn't foresee the interpretation of rules 21 and 27 that might have made
Roger an "old" player, thus my gamestate page assigns Roger the activity state
true and the account 97.
When I wrote rule 27, "new" was not supposed to have the interpretation that
Roger has now chosen.

Nevertheless, I don't object to Roger gaining his former currency and activity
state.  I intended to propose something similar eventually, since potentially
we removed him from the game without him knowing this to be possible.

Alex