Roger Norling on 31 Oct 2003 13:26:06 -0000

[TCG] my return

Well, I don't want to be a former player so that limits it to the process of rejoining as an old player, doesn't it?
send me a mail when I am part ofg the game again..

From: "Robert BL" <nfoo.nomic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: christmasgame@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCG] Fwd: Roger Norling
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:25:58 -0500

[Forwarded message:]
> Robert,
>
> Roger would like to become a player of the Christmas Game.
>
> Alex

Roger, Olena, Alex, Xiannan, and Jennifer,

I would be happy to add Roger as a player if Alex doesn't.
But would he be a *new* player?  It seems that rules 21 and 27 are
ambiguous wrt this situation, so I guess I'll do whatever Roger wants
(unless somebody else has a better idea):

Roger, as far as I understand you have two choices:
- be a "new" player with 97 money units and a true activity state
- be an "old" player with (98 + 1/403) money units and a false activity
state
In the first case you'd also presumably retain your status as a "former
player."

Properties of a player that depend on newness:

> When a new player joins the game, eir activity state is true.
[Rule 27{1}. PlayerActivity]

> When a new player joins the game, eir account will contain 97 money units.
[Rule 21{1}. MoneyRule]

Properties of a player that don't depend on newness:

> When a player joins the game eir location is initially nowhere.
[Rule 16{4}. PlayersBoundToSpace]

> When a player joins the game, eir mirror-state is initially false.
[Rule 24{0}. MirrorState]

Robert