James Baxter on Sun, 14 Mar 2010 01:56:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Continued voting and a new emergency

> From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:26:38 -0600
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Continued voting and a new emergency
>

> That's problematic, as by our current ruleset Refresh Proposals are only "adopted", the effects specified within them do not take effect. If the BGoran rule 123 prevents the BGoran rule 31 from acting on the current ruleset, no changes to the gamestate can be made.

Rule 0: "the Refresh Proposal which received the highest number of votes (or if there is a tie, the Refresh Proposal with the highest number of votes which was submitted earliest) is adopted, its power is set to four, and it then takes effect"

The "takes effect" part is what allows them to change the gamestate. The first paragraph of rule 0 should also be remembered when looking at ambiguities in rule 0.