Alex Smith on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:28:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Continued voting and a new emergency

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 23:18 +0000, James Baxter wrote:
> > From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:07:11 -0600
> > To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [s-b] Continued voting and a new emergency
> >

> > On Mar 13, 2010, at 4:56 AM, James Baxter wrote:
> >

> > > I object to my previous statement concerning the end of nday 12.
> This means the voting period for nweek 164 will not end. As the
> emergency which Wooble attempted to start hasn't been started, I
> intend, with the Consent of B, to initiate an Emergency.
> >
> > I object to this attempt to initiate an Emergency. Per rule 31 of
> the previous ruleset, the change to the gamestate that prevents us
> from making arbitrary rule changes is cancelled retroactively, and
> we're still in the BGora Era.
>

> No, because we have emergencies there is still a way for us to make
> arbitrary changes to the ruleset. That Rule 31 doesn't exist any more
> and can't fix the game from the past.

If emergencies aren't broken, they aren't broken and we can fix the game
with one. If they are, then the previous emergency failed due to making
B not a nomic (? this might need checking, how did precedence work
then?)

--
ais523