Craig Daniel on Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:48:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Now, e could very easily make it public what the forum is, in
>> *explicit* terms, and then only tell a few people a password needed to
>> access it.
>

> I think THAT would definitely have made it inaccessible...

Hm. Possibly so.

I was thinking the EC had to say what the forum was, and make it
accessible, but not tell you how to access it. But no, J's right - he
just needs to mention that it exists. The relevant rule text is:

3. The Emergency Coordinator shall designate a means for PEPs to
communicate as the Emergency Forum and make a reasonable effort to
notify all other PEPs about the Forum's existence. If the Emergency
Coordinator fails to do either of these within 24 hours, any PEP can
designate an Emergency Forum if he notifies the other PEPs of its
existence. The Emergency Forum must be reasonably accessible to all
PEPs. Posting about the Emergency Forum on all official discussion and
public fora is considered a sufficient effort.

I'm beginning to think he could have said "There's a Forum, neener
neener" and gotten the same effect. But I will sleep on this before
passing judgment.