Ed Murphy on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:39:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultations on the Pencil Sharpener

ais523 wrote:

> In Agora, inquiry CFJs mostly have no direct effect on the game at all.
> The results only affect the gamestate when people assume they're correct
> and they end up in self-ratifying reports as a result.

For reference, here is the current version of the rule explicitly
stating what inquiry CFJs do:

      The judgement of the question in an inquiry case, and the
      reasoning by which it was reached, SHOULD guide future play
      (including future judgements), but do not directly affect the
      veracity of the statement.  The Rulekeepor is ENCOURAGED to
      annotate rules to draw attention to relevant inquiry case
      judgements.

> (This worries me, by the way; I think there's still a non-zero chance
> that Agoran Partnerships never existed, despite the CFJs saying that
> they did.)

How do you figure?