Alex Smith on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:35:12 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultations on the Pencil Sharpener

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 17:58 -0500, Craig Daniel wrote:
> Prompted by ehird, I submit the following Consultations:
>
> {Question: Are the answers to Pondered Consultations correct, after
> the Consultations become Pondered?
> Unbeliever: ehird
> Arguments: if not, then what the fuck is the point of Consultations?
> Also, if not, then lots of PDs have been treated as correct because
> they reflected game reality as described by Pondered Consultations,
> possibly without actually doing so; these having not been ratified,
> there have been unfulfilled ministerial obligations at various points
> and we're probably in some sort of clock crisis.}
In Agora, inquiry CFJs mostly have no direct effect on the game at all.
The results only affect the gamestate when people assume they're correct
and they end up in self-ratifying reports as a result.

(This worries me, by the way; I think there's still a non-zero chance
that Agoran Partnerships never existed, despite the CFJs saying that
they did.)
--
ais523