Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:57:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: The Oracle is Wise

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2008, at 03:25, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
>
>  I revise my Proposal entitled "The Oracle is Wise and Trustworthy" to
>> read:
>>

> "It must be random except when it's not and when it isn't that's illegal"

Nope. Read it carefully. It never even mentions randomness. It gives the MoQ
authority to assign Consultations to whomever he wants (if they are
ordained). I personally would do much of that randomly, but that is not in
the proposal.

What the revised version DOES do is criminalize assigning consultations for
personal gain. So, for example, if ehird and I scammed something together,
and I then named ehird as priest (without having made a random roll, hence
the word "deliberately"), that would be a punishable offense. If in another
situation I had the choice between two eligible priests, one of which was
overburdened, inexperienced, and de facto inactive, and I chose the other,
that would not be a punishable offense. Just a wise decision.

BP