Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:50:30 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [Emergency] PEPs

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nope.
>
>  From teucer's earlier messages:
> Note: a Player is by definition an Outsider, which was the source of
> our problems. But any human EXTERNAL FORCE can become a player -
> thereby somehow turning into an Outsider. I don't understand it
> entirely, but I think that whatever the details of how that works on a
> platonic level this unambiguously means that we as external forces are
> all also outsiders and we're in scenario 1. This piece seems
> unambiguous, which means ehird and I are PEPs, an emergency started
> yesterday, and ended because ehird and Codae stopped being paranoid.

Right... Now we just need to work out precedence rules for when a rule
contradicts ITSELF...

Anyway, note that the emergency did not end when ehird and Codae stopped
being paranoid, as there was already a large enough reserve of paranoids to
keep it going. And it's still active.

BP