Tyler on Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:00:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] MoM reset

Now wait a minute all yall. You've got the rules all wrong. Transactions are
made up of game actions and/or assertions.

If it is a game action, it has to be done the moment the transaction
succeeds. Game actions that you do NOW don't take place in the FUTURE. What
you're thinking of is the following paragraph of the Game Actions rule:

> "An Outsider may post a message to a Public Forum specifying that he will
> perform a specified Game Action at a specified time in the future, with
> reference either to The Clock or to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). A Game
> Action performed in this manner takes place at the time specified by the
> Outsider, defaulting to the start of the next occurrence of any period of
> time unless otherwise specified by the Outsider [[ *e.g.* if one writes "I
> do X on nday 8", X happens at the start of the next nday 8]]. If multiple
> Game Actions are set to be performed in this manner at the same time, they
> occur in the order they arrived at the appropriate forum."

now look at the Transactions rule:

> " If it would be legal for the Outsider to take each Game Action within the
> Transaction exactly as specified, and each assertion would be true at the
> time it occurs within the list if the Game Actions were so taken, then the
> Transaction is said to Succeed. ... The Game Actions in a Transaction that
> Succeeds occur just as though the Outsider had taken them individually."

The way I see it, if you "specify that [you] will perform a specified Game
Action" in the future, it isn't a Game Action in the Transaction. And IF AND
ONLY IF you argue that the statement "I do <action> at <time in future>" is
an ASSERTION, then it can't be determined if it is true at the time the
Transaction is submitted, can it?

Think about that for a bit. And even if you don't agree with me, 00:00:01
UTC is past today, (J didn't specify which day) so hardly any of the
Transactions in this thread succeeded anyway. J still has the MoM.

--
 -Tyler