Ed Murphy on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:45:06 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: The Plague

Wooble wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> To counter the plague, our best bet is to pay the obligatory 25m per player
>> each nweek. Someone create a "Contract Club" like the Pocketbook club and
>> force us all to save ourselves!
>
> Or we could just vote for a proposal that reduces everyone's macks by
> 24 each nweek instead of voting for this one and come out ahead.

What this will really do is force players to decide whether any of them
care enough about a given Plagued object to spend m25 to save it (either
for its own value, or to prevent it from spreading the Plague further).

Actually, what this will mostly do in practice is infect macks (which
can be disinfected for free via Rule 4E89) and points (which can be
disinfected by converting them to macks, albeit this is a one-way
operation).

Hmm, what happens if a Player is destroyed?  Better amend the rule to
specify that this causes em to forfeit the game.  (Wait, Proposal 522
doesn't even specify "create a rule with this text"; does that mean
it has no effect even if adopted?)