Tyler on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:51:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: The Plague

> Plagued is a Property with a Scope of all Players, Rules, Contracts,
> Points,
> Macks (if these are defined as Game Objects by the Rules), Socks,
> Consultations, Subgames, Proposals, Indictments, and Tricks, and a default
> value of False. Game Objects with the Plagued Property may be said to be
> Plagued.
>
> Virulence is an Attribute with a Scope of all Plagued Game Objects, a Range
> of all positive integers, and a default value of 1.
>
> At the start of nday 1, each Plagued Game Object has a percent probability
> of being destroyed (ie ceasing to exist) equal to the square of (its
> Virulence + 2).
>
> Then, a number of randomly selected non-Plagued Game Objects, equal to the
> sum of the squares of all Plagued Game Objects' Virulences, become Plagued.
> Then, the Virulence of every Game Object is increased by one. Then, if
> there
> exist less Plagued Game Objects than Active Players, randomly selected Game
> Objects gain the Plagued Property until there are exactly as many Plagued
> Game Objects as Active Players.

Uh oh, Consultation 2 is plagued! What are we to do? Now it's infected my
8th point! Now they are infecting repealed Rule 44! Oh no! The virulence of
each is up to 10 and they still aren't dead! Now 10^2+10^2+10^2=300 more
things get infected next nweek unless someone will pay 25m!

To counter the plague, our best bet is to pay the obligatory 25m per player
each nweek. Someone create a "Contract Club" like the Pocketbook club and
force us all to save ourselves!

--
 -Tyler