Jay Campbell on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:01:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A Perfectly Good Scam

ais523 wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 13:45 -0700, Jay Campbell wrote:
>
>> If that's the case, every minute I submit this transaction { Assertions:
>> There exists a State of Emergency, I am one of exactly 4 Paranoid
>> players, and the Emergency Forum is no the B Nomic Business List. Game
>> Actions: I set my Mental state to Calm. I set my Mental State to Paranoid. }
>>
> That doesn't help, because an emergency would prevent the timed
> transaction happening. (I thought of the same thing too, by the way.)

4e0 says "Pending events and deadlines relative to Game time, with the
exception of those specified in this rule, are postponed until Game time
resumes."

Setting my mental state is an exception to pending event postponement
because the provisions for resetting mental states to come out of
emergency state are defined within the same rule.

Or something.