ais523 on Fri, 3 Oct 2008 04:30:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposaleering

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 17:24 -0600, Tyler wrote:
> Hey, I'm a little uneasy about this proposal. Can anyone explain the
> implications, who knows about Agora? Are players of Agora and B Nomic going
> to become bound to do something, or alternatively be punished in Agora for
> not doing it?
>
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:25 AM, ihope <ihope127@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I submit the following proposal, titled "Quindicesima":
> >
> > {Enact a power-0 rule, titled "All Publicity is Good Publicity":
> >
> > {The following sentence has no effect on the state of B Nomic. For the
> > purposes of Agora, B Nomic is a public contract, and parties to B
> > Nomic SHALL ensure that it follows the rules of Agora to the maximum
> > possible extent.}}

Basically, it allows any player of B to agree to the rules of B within
Agora. That would mean that breaking the rules of B would be punishable
within Agora, but only if you'd "opted-in" to it. If at least 2 players
of B opt-in in this way, the resulting contract would become an Agoran
partnership, meaning that B Nomic could legally register as an Agoran
player; if so, then the people who had opted-in would also be
responsible for ensuring that B Nomic obeyed the rules of Agora (and
would be well advised for giving it a mechanism for doing so), but could
start doing interesting things like getting B to vote on Agoran
proposals (once it had accumulated sufficient voting power for its votes
to count; new human players get a free point of voting power in Agora,
but partnerships such as foreign nomics need to earn it).
--
ais523