Jay Campbell on Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:07:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] hostile takeovers

Tyler wrote:
> I think you may be a bit confused J. A member of a contract is not a party
> to/of a contract. That is why you didn't become a Voting Sockholder of Black
> Corporation when you became a member of its contract. That is also why
> Wooble can be a member of his Corps without being a party to their
> contracts.

I fail to see the distinction between "joining" a contract, "becoming a
member" of a contract, or "becoming a party to" a contract.

The rules only state: As a Game Action any Legal Entity may voluntarily
become bound to a Contract unless the text of that contract would
prohibit such an action.

"Join" has been a B synonym for "voluntarily become bound", and I don't
recall anyone ever using the latter language to become a party to any of
the existing contracts.

Looking over the docs again, I still fail to see a distinction between
"party" and "member". Someone enlighten me.