Jay Campbell on Wed, 28 May 2008 22:42:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proto: Paprika

> 3. I think we should consider making the field match framework more general.
> Not all games will require a priority list, some might have actions
> processed simultaniously. Also, some games might not even need a field. We
> could just have a generic Subgame Match. I'll try to write up a good
> proposal for this next nweek.

Coming in late to the game, field matches seemed like a good experiment,
and in hindsight backloading a full chess game into the field match
system was a pretty nifty idea. But yeah, it does seem to hinder some
sub-games more than it helps.

Games could also be run via contracts, with prizes held by a company now
- with a couple support I'll draw something up that could get the next
game started in a week or so. Personally, I have a score to settle with
BobTHJ.