Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:47:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] The Clock & The Ministry of Questions

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  By the way, what is the current state of the game? Clock on, clock
>  off, what day is it, etc? Anyone care to summarize? Let's get the game
>  back on track.

Your spiel about rdays sounds reasonable - hadn't thought about it
like that. I personally don't think there is a "problem" right now
with regards to rdays, at least not in the sense that people were
using the word problem (if I understood their sense properly). I'm
pretty sure rdays cease to run/be counted during an emergency as
things stand, since "Whatever means used in the Game to track time is
stopped as of the beginning of the Emergency." (Rule 0) and rdays are
defined by the Game. That said there probably is a problem with that
fact and with some possible overuse/abuse of rdays in the current
ruleset, as you pointed out.

As for the current gamestate, it's nday 10 of nweek 139, and the clock
is Off. Wooble recently forfeited the game, Sillyman is on the verge
of joining or has already joined (In any case he will have joined by
the time next midnight UTC rolls around...). Also, there are probably
a LOT of vacant ministries right now (once we get the game back on
track is it time to contract the ministry situation a bit? it seems
like it might be getting out of hand and also the sheer amount of
responsibility probably contributed to whatever fatigue put the game
on halt there...).

BP