Mike McGann on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:01:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] The Clock & The Ministry of Questions

I've been out of the loop a little, but I am quite confused as to what
the "rday-problem" is. From what I see, there are three time related
states:

* Clock is on
* Clock is off
* Emergency is in effect

Most game activities should be based on ndays. The exceptions are for
game critical services which are the Justice system and the usurpation
of Ministries and basing those on rdays is, I think, the correct
thing. Those have to work even when the clock is off.

Now, an emergency should be a completely out-of-band event. In this
case, nothing should be happening with the game except for changing
mental states and proposing and passing refresh proposals. Any issues
with the Justice system or Ministries can be resolved through refresh
proposals so those don't even need to work. I think the issue is that
the emergency rule needs to be more clear on what the valid operations
are during an emergency.

Also, I am not a fan of using a stubbed Consultation to enact changes
to the Ruleset.

By the way, what is the current state of the game? Clock on, clock
off, what day is it, etc? Anyone care to summarize? Let's get the game
back on track.

- Hose