Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:34:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] It's not about HP anymore, and you can't hurt me anyway.

On 2/14/08, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am defending.
> >  Wooble is defending.
> >
> >  I Stab Wooble with my Rapier.
> >
> >  Wooble loses 2 mackerel.
> >
> >  I am no longer defending.
>
> Fails.

Fails why? Nothing prevents the Stab power from being triggered by me
on my own rapier. The only thing that could is hte RPG property, but
that states that neither I nor Wooble must be dead for this trigger to
work. Neither one of us is Dead, since "Dead" is now undefined. (The
case would be different if RPG property said we both had to be alive,
which we aren't either).

So I trigger the Stab power, but its effect (removing 2 HP from
Wooble) is ineffectual because HP is not anything. Since he is
defending though, 2 HP is also added to him (again ineffectual) and 2
macks are removed from him (that works).

BP